Sunday, May 27, 2007

weekly review up to 26th may .................

a small loss on the week , and only one place to point the finger of blame .................... ME !!! some folk may point two fingers of blame there is the obvious one of my personal loss of £662.10 and i hold my hands up a poor week of my own bets and interpretation of my information received and the other is the tinkering of my staking . on the first point there is no dispute a poor week and this WILL be rectified this week i guarantee that and i would bet pretty long odds on that i will make a profit this week as will become apparent as the week unfolds , am i beginning to sound like someone a few of us know !!!!! lol
on the staking i stick by my review , this wasn,t a knee jerk reaction to losses or just 5 months worth of bets although i admit that may of looked the case , i made the adjustments due to the sums invested on the various services and as stated it didnt make sense to me for MH & OPTIMUM to have invested similar sums and for the insiders to be investing more than the main account , i still invested more on the insiders this week than the main account but im satisfied , it was interesting to note that to my reduced stakes i actually managed to beat the bottom line on isiris/mine figs over the week , i even managed to place some of the smaller insider bets via the phone which is a novelty for me ! of course they were referred to the liabilities team but none were refused .
some suggested that i go the whole hog and bin the insiders/optimum rather than reducing the stakes , these people i dont think understood the reason for my review or reasons for the revised staking , on to the weekly figs :

ISIRIS
main account -£75
insiders +£381.63

OPTIMUM +£125

MARK HOLDER +£209.37

PERSONAL TRADING -£662.10

LAYING SERVICE -£61.89

weekly p/l -£82.99

This translates into cumulative figures of :

ISIRIS
main account +£3458.35
insiders -£2242.51
OPTIMUM -£5751.10
PERSONAL TRADING +£3910.59
MARK HOLDER +£9661.19
LAYING SERVICE -£ 239.47

THE30KCHALENGE .................................... +£8797.05

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the figures you've detailed today it is blatantly obvious, to me at least, that Mark Holder is the best of the bunch by far.

Why bother with the others DD?

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg,

It would seem we've had similar weeks (both made a loss as a result of our own incorrect judgements), although I did think you might have picked up a few quid today (two races where I played, opposing paper favs had extremely well backed winners) and I thought KB might have got you guys involved in these races. As for your overall strategy I fully understand the reasons for your altering with the stakes and I wish you all the best, after all it's your money and your living that's at stake.

Let's hope we both have better weeks next week, I'm sure we will.

All the best,

Eachway Thief.

DIRKDIGGLER said...

indeed ex settler , i have gone on record stating that MH is my top service , you are looking at just 5 months worth of data , i had records going back 10 years to back this up , but over this time isiris has cetainly delivered fine profits , by their own admission the last NH campaign was below expectation but the main account bets will make substancial profit , optimum or andrew when working for mh had produced profits but unfortunately the last 5 months have been poor , so its easy for you to aftertime with hindsight and say "why bother with the others" but these services over the long run have produced a decent positive p/l , so quite simply i "bother" with the others because they have produced profits in the past and i have confidence in their ability to produce profits in the future . i wonder what your thoughts would have been if you read my blog in jan with MH producing a 15pt loss , would you been saying then , why bother with MH ???? cheers DD.

DIRKDIGGLER said...

hi ewt , sundays i really try to keep quiet and devote time to mrs d , i cant afford another divorce especially with my p/l so far in 2007 !!! so i switch the pc on place my bets then thats it for the day , im only on here now as mrs d is in the bath ;-) !!!! im really happy and positive over my revised staking and the rest of 2007 but realise i face a uphill struggle to maintain my 30k profit , it will be my first failure at the figure if i fall below expectations , but lets see , plenty of swings n roundabouts im sure left this year , best wishes as always DD.