Saturday, May 19, 2007

after the fun n games .................

of thursday night , it was a most quiet friday ,i decided to continue my review of my subscription services and my staking , after that i decided to take advantage of the decent weather outside as there was tons to be done in the garden , but this isnt gardeners world blog so i,ll pass over these details !
1st jan - 17th may
MARK HOLDER +£9601.13
staked £26,200 profit £9601.13 65bets
a return of over 36% on my invested stakes , pretty impressive my anyone standards .

OPTIMUM RACING -£6884.85
staked £24,300 loss £6884.85 81bets
a negative return , a loss of over 28 % on my invested stakes .

i currently use the same stakes/pt for the above services , optimum introduced premium bets which i believe were behind the rise the number of bets , these were smaller staked bets eg 1/2 pt ew there has also been a change in the point band for staking purposes .
the figs are there in b&w and there is no getting away from a poor run in the optimum service , a point in their defence is that theu have selected a fair number of horse that have ran well but only to find the runners up spot , but it has been a poor first half of the year so far .
my thinking is to increase mh to £250/pt and decrease optimum to £100/pt until the p/l improves .



friday
ISIRIS
insiders
HORSE I £100 ew @ 12/1 unpld -£200
HORSE F £100 @ 10/3 unpld -£100

LAYING SERVICE - thebetcollection

2.45 york the last drop £25 @ 5/1 unpld
2.45 york percussionist £25 @ 12.00 unpld -£50

no other activity .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi DD,

Why are you only showing the status year to date of two of the services you use. I know you've been asked not to give out the names of the other service's selections, fair enough, but surely you can show how much you've bet and won or lost on their selections. That is after all what the race to 30k is about isn't it? I cannot believe watering them down that much (excuse garden pun), that just doesn't sound like you.

Do they really not understand that your blog, my blog, any blog can only provide good publicity (and therefore new members and increased revenue) providing they operate a proper, profitable, worthwhile service?

Good luck

Cheers

EWT

Anonymous said...

Read your letter in the Racing Post yesterday DD , you did well to get one published .

Think your doing the right thing regarding optimum and MH staking.

All the best

Luslen

DIRKDIGGLER said...

ewt , calm down ffs it doesnt sound like me because my review obviously isnt finished yet !!! , as for how much i have won or lost its shown on my weekly review , the 30k is my online diary in my yearly quest of attaining a income of £30k nothing more nothing less .
as for how the services perceive my blog , to be honest i dont really care but obviously it has become a decent source of publicity for MH at this moment of time , regards , be lucky DD.

DIRKDIGGLER said...

hi luslem , pretty decent strike rate with my rp letters , yesterdays makes it 19/21 wish they were successful bets not letters though !!! regards DD.

Anonymous said...

Hi DD,

Apologies, I just looked at what you'd put up so far and thought "Aye, aye, here we go again, KB's up to his old tricks". Maybe it would've been more obvious it wasn't finished if paranoia wasn't starting to set in regarding one service (and I'm not even a member).

I know you don't care how services perceive your blog, but you must realise they obviously care how they are portrayed on your blog, otherwise why would you have had to endure all the grief. I would think MH must be thinking about giving you free membership next year or at least offering a referral fee!

Good luck, cheers,
EWT

DIRKDIGGLER said...

EWT , i portray the services in a honest and "as i see it" manner , i know no other way and if was to do it any differently i would only be cheating/tricking myself , the 2 requests by kb as regards this blog i have no problem with whatsoever , cheers DD.