Tuesday, May 08, 2007

nice to have a bit of fortune ..............

MH was looking to play in the 16 runner hcap in the first @ kelso but just as the message was going to be put on the line a n/r came through and the bet was cancelled due to the poor value of betting ew in 15 runner races , the horse polly whitefoot was never travelling so a loss was averted .
i think i was busier responding to comments/criticism on my blog than i was trading/gambling today ! i have been pleasantly surprised by the interest that my blog has created , and i accept criticism is part of life especially the british way of life , i made some comments today along these lines on the betfair greyhound forum (mark wallis responds ........) .
in the communication i have had with paul from thebetcollection he has come across as a honest and genuine bloke , someone who was a member of one of the services i subscribe to and was a regular poster on the betfair forum , until the betcollection asked him to join them . if some of you have had bad experiences with them fair enough , but i will learn via my own experiences , in the simplest terms there is in gambling p/l , i hope the service proves the doubters wrong , but if im left with a gaping hole in my p/l i will hold my hands up and say you were right , but let me find out for myself , thats the way i prefer it .
after the recent bust up with kb and today i have been accused of a "total sell out of your blog" , "your blog is better than this" , "giving into a tosser" & "totally pathetic your stance not naming the bets" i suppose i should take these comments as backhanded compliments in a way , all i have to say is ................... i dunno im gonna sleep on it !!!


tuesday
ISIRIS
insiders
HORSE A £100 @ 11/2 3rd -£100
HORSE B £ 50 ew @ 12/1 2nd +£ 70

MARK HOLDER

no bet advised

OPTIMUM RACING
no bet advised

THE BET COLLECTION - laying service

3.05 south ha penny beacon lay £100 @ 3.30 3rd +£ 96.25
3.25 kelso mumbles head lay £100 @ 1.33 2nd +£ 96.25
4.10 south megalo maniac lay £100 @ 3.00 won -£200
5.50 exet in the lead lay £100 @ 1.91 unpld +£96.25
7.50 exet celebrity call lay £100 @ 2.00 won -£100
8.35 catt pennyrock lay £100 @ 1.94 won -£94
pennyrock bay was advised @ 2.96 the lay was matched 2 n/r's reduction factor kicked in .

PERSONAL TRADING

a quiet day but i noticed money coming in for mohawk star in the kelso 4.30 , i managed to get £150 on @ 13/2 also strong in the early market was the irish raider magnet money , i laid saif sareea @ 7.8/8.0 as i had a feeling that this one may drift near the off , well as the tapes went up i had three winners magnet for money £34 , saif sareea +£75 and mohawk star +£154 with the rest costing me a comm fig of £12.60 , st pirran took the races so a small loss on the event , that was the only trade for me on a quiet day personally ........... i wonder why !

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, the comments have really taken off from an average of '0' a while back...great to see healthy discussion.
Can I ask a question that can be answered by Dirk/Isiris members?
What is the typical scenario when you phone at 2.56 for example for a max win bet on Sure Thing in the 3.0...does the Betfair price collapse quickly below the SP?..Do you frantically phone round to get on, with Bookies limiting your bets? As a non-member, it's just curiosity on my part.

DIRKDIGGLER said...

hi mr/mrs anon , thanks for your comments , its quite simple really and i dont really want to keep repeating myself , the bloke who runs the laying service comes across as pretty genuine and the p/l figs look ok even after deducting comm , the laying service is here to stay , and if it leads me to the poor house as with all my decisions its down to me and no one else , i will hold my hands up and say yes you were right but if they prove successful i hope you do like wise !!! as stated yesterday i have been pleasantly surprised by the interest my blog has created but being honest and blunt , i shall continue to write it and report matters as i see them , you cant please all the people all the time , if you dont like something here im sorry but thats life !!! the laying service is here warts n all for 3 months i will not be commenting on a daily basis any further on this matter , i will let the p/l figs tell the story on my weekly review and then we can discuss the merits of the service and comment accordingly , be lucky DD .

Anonymous said...

Hi Dirk,

I have to say having read your blog for a while now, I am surprised at your attitude towards the people who are simply offering you advice based on their own previous experiences. Good luck with your new service, but if I were you I would be asking why so many people are saying the same thing....

All The Best

CD

DIRKDIGGLER said...

CD , just returned from the gym and was mulling over my earlier comments whilst down there , perhaps i got out of the bed on the wrong side this morning ! i hope their comments are meant constructively rather than slagging off a service cos they lost money due to their own incompetance , a month or so ago i had my posting rights revoked from the betfair forum for defending the services of MH , they were revoked on the charges of spamming , this poster dismissed my praise of his service saying that he had lost money whilst a subscriber and he was rubbish and i was a liar and charletan , but during that same time i made money . i have recently noticed a high number of anonymous posters on here so actually how many people have subscribed to the laying service in the past ? also i just feel i keep repeating myself i prefer to sample things myself before passing judgement , if this service is crap then fair enuf but all i wanna do is see for myself , cheers for your comments DD.

Anonymous said...

FFS give Dirk a break.At the end of the day all he is trying to do is give this guy a trial.At the end of it we can all see how they got on..if its shit then it'll save people from joining and save them their money!Stop knocking the blog..its here as a record of Dirks daily betting and a chance for people to look at some high profile and expensive tipsters in its true light.Let the results speak...keep at it m8 Good Luck. Superbi

Anonymous said...

the good thing about DDs blog is that it is a genuine RECORD of his ups and downs. and we dont have to put up with the crap on the betfair forum. DD has told me his reasons for not naming isiris selections and i respect these though i do not agree with them. as far as te bet collection is concerned, im afraid that this REALLY is a no no. but, as ever, good luck DD. jeanius

DIRKDIGGLER said...

CD , i was advised that i would have a strong case to sue and that may of been an avenue open to me , but do i need the hassle ? kb gave me some reasons why he didnt want the selections advertised and i respected those cheers DD.

Anonymous said...

Hi DD,

Interesting lay today, especially bearing in mind what I made of the race (see blog).
I wouldn't worry too much about other's opinions, they don't pay your bills do they? I'm just going to "paper" trade the lays for a while and see how it goes, but that's my choice and you have to do what's right for you.

Chin up, good luck, cheers,
EWT.

Anonymous said...

Guesser,

I'm not quite sure what you mean, I'm just a part time punter who happens to think he can outperform some of the so-called best tipping services around. To prove the point one way or another I set up my own blog a while ago which Greg had kindly placed on here.
I tell it as it is as far as I'm concerned, my posts go up before racing (see today for example), and the prices are those available at the time, but as you'll see from my blog I don't take the proverbial (backed Ramatna at 9-2 and p/l states as much, despite the drift to 8-1). Anyway, apologies to you if I've got the wrong end of the stick and to DD for taking up his space with this nonsense.

Cheers,
EWT.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous - I'm sorry you had a problem with Banned Bets but I can assure you hat TBC has nothing to do with Banned Bets. The original owner of Banned Bets sold his business to his ex colleague and I then approached him about setting up TBC, which we did.

The results TBC generated prior to this date were excellent and it was after this date that their results "went south".

TBC is an honest, no nonsense service and we do not fabricate figures to any degree.

Yes we have had a terrible run recently but one which we feel has now come to an end. Anyone who has followed us for longer than 12 months will vouch for us and our integrity.

As far as th Racing Post is concerned, we took the decision to stop advertising because of the aforementioned bad results, nothing else. I get regular calls from their head of advertising to try and get us to start again but I feel we have enough members at the moment. Anyone who doubts this should contact them and ask them why we stopped advertising ... I'm certain you'll be given the correct answer.

Anyway dirkdiggler, I wish you all the best in your quest and welcome any further questions if needed.

Nick Lewis