Sunday, May 20, 2007

a loss of £1208.52 ...............

on the week , as stated yesterday a real rollercoaster ride , and the p/l figs are below .

ISIRIS
main account +£1460
insiders -£1600

MARK HOLDER -£280

OPTIMUM -£350
PERSONAL TRADING -£207.60
LAYING SERVICE -£230.92
============
-£1208.52
so no disasters from the services , thats if you combine the insiders/main account , i managed to get £165/200 on the thursday winner @ 12/1 but i have heard from a number of members who only managed 8/1 , its at times like these that the inability of being able to obtain advertised prices really cuts into the p/l of the service , that translates into a year to date figure of £8880.04 , made up of :
ISIRIS
main account +£3533.35
insiders -£2624.14
==========
+ £909.21
MARK HOLDER +£9451.82
OPTIMUM RACING -£5876.10
LAYING SERVICE -£ 177.58
PERSONAL TRADING +£4572.69
THE30KCHALLENGE .............+£8880.04
A REVISION OF MY STAKING
----------------------------------
I have not completed the figs for isiris from 1st to date but they will be produced in due course , ok ewt !!! let me first say that i fully appreciate people will not agree with my conclusions , fair enough , it would be a pretty boring n sad world if we were lemmings but my decisions have in some way been formed by my betting philosophy of being selective .
ISIRIS - normal main account £250 ew max main account £350 ew
- insiders £100/pt eg 1/4 pt ew = £25 ew
so i am increasing the stakes on the main account but halving the stakes on the insiders , totally happy with this as it dovetails nicely into my thoughts above , i dont intend to go over old ground but my thoughts on multiple insiders are widely known , the smaller stakes will allow me to get the prices advertised more often .
MARK HOLDER - NH increase to £250/pt
FLAT £100/pt
why the discrepency here ? well in the past MH has concentrated his resources on the 2yo's during the flat season , this season their is a change of direction with sprint handicaps being targeted , whilst i have every confidence in MH producing profits on the flat i just thought it would be sensible to start off at these levels . some will question me increasing the levels on the NH when i have in the past struggled to get my amounts on at £200/pt , i take that on board but i am confident with a recent addition of some new accounts i will cope at these increased levels .
OPTIMUM RACING - £125/pt
i dont need anyone to state the obvious that this service has been disappointing so far this year , but i do have confidence that the fortunes will turnaround come year end , but i feel it would be prudent to rein back my stakes at present, i rate MH as my premier service but there was little difference in the amounts i had staked so far this year , i was caught between halving the stakes to £100/pt or £150/pt in the end i went for £125 .
LAYING SERVICE-thebetcollection
i have only taken these selections for a couple of weeks , so the staking remains as it is .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi DD,

You are right, I don't necessarily agree with your conclusions (no surprise there then), my views are available to view on my blog, but I do genuinely wish you all the best in your quest. It's hard work I know and you deserve plenty of credit for the way you go about your business and for the way you come across in your blog and emails. As you've also said, a (healthy) difference in opinion is a good thing, and as I've always said it's what allows us to back even money shots at 3-1 etc.

Good luck, happy profitable punting,

Cheers,
EWT.

HQO said...

Interesting review greg, I am sure you have thought long and hard and I hope the rewards follow. Fingers crossed this end and best of luck.

davidy said...

DD,
I mangaged to get £200 win at 12-1 on thursday, I know there is times is difficult, but surely it's a case of being prepared at shop\internet.

DIRKDIGGLER said...

davidy , sometimes being in a shop does not help as one isiris follower found out last thursday , asked for the bet the cashier had to ring it up , the person was offered £25 @ 12/1 the rest @ 8/1 and another who asked for a bet via the internet the screen said the bet was being referred and then it came back bet refused , ntg allowed . so yes being prepared is one thing but these plans count for nothing if the bookie refuses to play ball !!! DD.

DIRKDIGGLER said...

cheers hqo , im more comfortable with it , especially the insiders and as stated it mirrors my betting philosophy of hopefully rewarding the selective process of main account bets , im not comfortable with the idea of 5 insiders in a day as stated many times before , and as MH is my number 1 service it didnt make sense to me that there was little difference in the sums invested MH/OPTIMUM this is now addressed , cheers DD.