Wednesday, October 17, 2007

not a day to dwell on ...................

with a small loss and england losing a 1-0 lead against russia , so roll on tomorrow , the european championships could well be devoid of any interest from the british isles as the scots are losing 2-0 at the time of this post .

wednesday

PERSONAL TRADING

all my efforts were centred on the 4.50 wetherby , isiris who do well in the novice chase scene were keen on the sue smith trained like a lord , making it a very strong insider , 3/1 was available with a few independents and would be available for 30 seconds at most before it disappeared , 11/4 was freely available on the street , i called betfair and the price was nearer 5/2 ....................... 3.55/3.60 to be precise , could see this trading lower , i had a total of £800 @ 11/4 , i waited as the price was static trading 3.60/3.70 most of the time , i placed 2 orders to lay £325 @ 3.30 & 3.40 , these were matched so i was left with £150 @ 9/2 !!! (4.48) but in the end although i had the value as he started @ 2/1 , it counted for nothing as the selection fell , giving me a loss of £176 on the day .................. roll on thursday !!!!

1 comment:

JP said...

Evening DD,

Firstly thanks for the link to my blog and for your comments.

Frustrating day today, as I've posted on my blog, but I'm really pleased with how things are going so far, although it's not perhaps reflected in the figures yet.

One thing I need to make sure I have right is staking the bets, all the services have different staking plans and I need to be consistent across all of them, and not be swayed by who is producing the best results at any given time. Think I'm there but will keep an eye on things until the turn of the year and see how things are going then.

Also I've decided to join Optimum, saw they were making an introductory offer of £197 to 1 Feb, and they seem to be doing well now after a bad start to the year. For the price of one decent bet it seems like a good chance to try them out. It might well be that I've got too many on the go now (5) but thats how I am going to play it and see where it goes.

Good fun all this, better than real work, which unfortunately is what will be occupying my time for the next couple of days.

All the best
JP