Monday, September 03, 2007

out of retirement .....................

at 10.15 this morning i was just about to pop down to the gym with my post and a read on the bike when i got a phone call ................ anychance of helping us out , xyz has just dropped out the second team only has 10 players , most of the squad are on holiday and we are second bottom of the league playing third bottom winner stays up scenario , can you please help us out , i explained that 10men would probably be stronger than 10 plus me but my mate was having none of it , but i have to work saturdays is a busy day and the match is miles away for me as i live in middlesex now , not brentwood . look you can use your phone and place your bets from the pitch , i tried to explain i needed the internet but he was having none of it and i was coming ut of retirement to help out my old team mates in the titanic relegation battle in the tc rippon news league division2 rayne v south weald , i had to meet my mates enroute as i didnt know where rayne was . we won the toss and batted ......... a nice lovely day and i could get my bets on
i was down to bat at number 7 we went off like a ferrari 90/1 off 14 but this quickly was educed to 120/5 off 19 and i entered the fray after a 2 years absence , i played out 4 balls with no alarm , watched a maiden go by from the non strikers end , then i hit 4/2/4 off the first 3 balls of my next over , easy this i could be the next ian botham even at 41 !!! then disater stuck i went for a cover drive only to get a inside edge that hit my toe and bounced up to be caught by the keeper ................ hows ya luck!! i thought the ball had hit the ground first but the neutral umpire assured me at tea it had hit my toe , we ended up on 212 all out . we had the opposition 120/5 and we were favs the skipper from this time to the end kept telling me to warm up as i was going to bowl , he tossed me the ball at 209/5 with 6 overs to go !!! thanks mate i explained i was exhausted from my warming up exercises and was too knackered and that in my only game in 2 years i didnt want to bowl the ball that relegated the club everyone on our side collapsed in laughter even though we were about to be relegated , skip bowled the over still red and tears in his eyes from laughing , the ball a long hop was despatched with glee for 4and we had lost and were relegated ........................ i had loved the day and cammaraderie of my old team mates , slotting in as if i had just been missing for 2 weeks due to holiday and i aim to play next year for a local side on a sunday as i realised how much i miss playing .

saturday

OPTIMUM RACING

5.25 san always ready £150 ew @ 11/2 2nd +£56.25

PERSONAL TRADING

i had my fingers crossed for no isiris main account bets as i had little chance of getting on via my phone and thats not taking into account the scenario that i would be fielding , but the lads at cricket asked me any bets today and i said i would let them know after the isiris message , i told them there could be 3 possible bets whilst we were batting , the first though might be too short crystany in the 2.40 ripon they said the price dont matter we just want a winner ........ the next 15 mins was hard work trying to explain the concept of value and betting to make money !! anyway crystany drifted and won i had £100 @ 4.2 when she skipped a few lengths clear a roar went up as the lads were on , even the batsmen in the middle , the next bet was kingsbrook in the 3.35 na i had £50 ew @ 16/1 the others had fivers and tenners ew ............. it only went and won , the opposition did not have a clue what was going on in this relegation battle we had just lost a wicket and there were all of us jumping up n down like madmen screaming "get in " !!! the last bet miss midnight came a respectable 4th i had £25 ew @ 10/1 , so well done and thanks to isiris and optimum !!!! you may well have some new members from the brentwood area in the next month or so , i was £1255.60 up on the day with a poss isiris main account bet to come, but i would be fielding , i did contemplate faking a injury at 5.47 to get myself reading for the call back but i thought it would be cancelled after the brilliant afternoon winner advised @ 20/1 and anyway i was happy with my lot as were my team mates !

THE30KCHALLENGE ...................... £17,669.09

1 comment:

ExSettler said...

Glad Isiris was in good form as my son is still plugging away with them.

On Saturday I found two nice little tickles with dear old Willy Hill:

01/09/2007 Bet : 3-45 Sandown Indian Trail @ 9/2 W (1/4)
2.00 11.00


01/09/2007 Deposit
- 2.00
01/09/2007 Bet : 3-25 Chester Vanderlin @ 20/1 W (1/4)
2.00 27.00


01/09/2007 Deposit
- 2.00

I was dead chuffed to have found a couple of decent winners simply by using their Superform facility, which I think is one of the best available (for free that is).