Friday, September 28, 2007

ouch £1600 and counting ...............

cost of the week as i speak , close of play friday evening , fully realise that this can be wiped out at a stroke at the stakes i bet to ............. but obviously not the start i wanted !!!! but losses are part n parcel of the game im in , if you cant take a loss gambling is not for you , its the long run that counts and im fully confident that the last few days losses will be erased over the next week or so , but from my point of view i was looking forward to my return after the holiday , was excited and confident (that has not changed) and had a extra bit of enthusiasm and so far this week has been like todays weather a damp squib but you cant choose your profitable times , and day to day profits are to my way of thinking are irrelevant , all im concerned with is the long term p/l and as long as its generally on a upward curve (and it is , but not at the levels i want) then im content .

friday

OPTIMUM RACING

3.10 ascot spell caster £300 win @ 5.95 unpld -£300

PERSONAL TRADING

sods law again today to a certain extent , i was going to have a blank day , but i spotted an online independent offering evens all my loving in the 3.45 as the price on betfair was 1.85/1.86 i tried to have an even £500 was offered £200 if i had the £500 i would have traded it but i decided to keep the £200 bet on the returned 4/6 shot , brisk breeze always looked to be going the better and duly won .
mh on a quiet day at lingfield mentioned backlash @ 12/1 in the 4.40 but with it being a 15 runner hcap i decided to swerve it , if 16 ran i would have played it may have been a main account bet anyway , backlash kept on well at one stage just approaching the last i thought here we go again as he was staying on well , but the well supported fav mr right had enough in reserve , so that was it , a frustrating last few days , hoping for better tomorrow .

PENGUINS STOP PLAY ............. eleven cricketers take on the world - this is a book i read on holiday it was hilarious thoroughly enjoyed it , if anyone has played club cricket or have been on a cricket tour (my first was as a 14 year old) you will love it and be able to draw comparisons with your club and fellow players , it will be joining many other paperbacks on a trip to a charity shop soon , but if anyone would like to read , email me (raceto30k@hotmail.com) and i will post it on with my compliments .

2 comments:

Orsen Kaht said...

Hi Dirk,

Glad to see you're back - I hope you had an enjoyable trip abroad. I note that your holiday took you away for St Leger week. I think if you'd seen All My Loving in the Park Hill you'd have steered clear yesterday. Then, as yesterday, she looked to have a winning chance on the ratings. Fact is though, this is a filly with ability, but one who regrettably doesn't want to put her best foot forward. Must be very frustrating for Aidan. That said, if you'd traded out as intended then you'd have done OK I suppose.

For what it's worth, I've just had word from a friend who has been speaking with Bryan Smart. He is apparently extremely sweet on the chances of Helvellyn in the Diadem Stakes tomorrow. When I have these sort of indications my first resort is always the Form Book to see if the confidence is backed up with a solid form chance.

Helvellyn would have something to find on Timeform tomorrow, but the fact is he has won 4 of 8 career starts, including at G2 level, with a G1 second. He trailed in last in the Haydock Sprint Cup last time, Durcan easing him and Smart (like many a trainer on the day) expressing dissatisfaction with the (watered) going. I think but for that run, he'd certainly be shorter than the 16/1 on offer, and I have availed myself accordingly. I recall Smart was making very bullish noises in advance of Haydock.

The QE II today brought me some joy, though owed entirely to superior jockeyship, IMO. There were one or two gambles today that appeared to bear the Isiris hallmark, but you'd know better than me about that!

Please keep up the good work with the Blog.

Kind Regards,

Orsen Kaht

DIRKDIGGLER said...

orsen , gday and i trust you are keeping well , to be honest my idea was to back all my loving as an an arbing play , obtaining 2.00 agst 1.85 at the time and if i had got my monkey on thats what i would have done , in hindsight i still should have done that !!!
isiris had a successful day on saturday and the jockeyship you mentioned in the qe ii cost their members a bumper day !!!
all the best
DD.