Wednesday, April 25, 2007

a quiet day all round .................

with just one selection in total from the services i subscribe to , not a problem at all , but as it was so quiet i got involved with some arbing opportunities , the results of which due to a late non runner were unspectacular to say the least !!!

ISIRIS
insiders
HORSE A £200 @ 2/1 unpld -£200
main account +£4708.35 insiders -£2000.60 overall +£2707.75

MARK HOLDER

no bets advised +£8876.32

OPTIMUM RACING

no bets advised -£5105.60

PERSONAL TRADING

my first trade involved the isiris selection 2/1 was freely available and i had £500 at that price , i waited till the shows and laid £500 @ 2.68 giving me a profit of £160 against a loss of £18.75 due to commission effectively backing a 6/4 shot at over 8/1 i admit only for peanuts , yes i coud have layed £50 @ 2.68 to give me a all green book but i resisted and a loss of £18.75 on the race . onto my next trade in the 3.40 perth where i backed fast forward £250 ew @ 7/1 everything was going swimmingly i was laying in the win market @ 7.4 & 7.6 in the place market between 1.96/2.04 then echo point was announced a non runner throwing the place arb out of sync , i would only get paid out 1-2 with the bookmakers but my betfair place arb would pay out 1-2-3 , so if the horse finishes 3rd i lose the place part on my bet with the bookmaker but i also lose on my place lay with the exchanges , not an ideal scenario . so i decide to trade out of my place lay on betfair at no cost , fast forward travelled well enough but was weakening to my eye two out when making a awful mistake and thomas doing well to pick him off the floor , a loss of £259.37 on the race , a loss of £278.12 on the day .
p/l +£4422.05

THE30KCHALLENGE............................ +£10,900.52

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi DD have been away for a couple of weeks with the computer mostly logged out. I did log in after Kevins sat message to see what the forumites were making of and I contributed a couple of one liners before they were pulled. Have now just read your new way of reporting and the comments about it. I do not, of course, know what Kevin said to you in his email and I respect your right to keep it private. But I confess I cannot understand the mentality of the man. your blog is an account of YOUR punting exploits and Im sure your very reaoned accounts of your bets and verdicts on Isiris have WON him some new members. I dont think hes taken on board that we now live in a cyberworld where there are few secrets. I would have been tempted to tell him to get stuffed and would have reregistered because, and this is the silly part, the more people see the Isiris bets the more they will realise that this is a service that wins EVERY year. Shame about the creep that runs it, though! Anyways,carry on with the blog as you think best and good luck in your target-chasing. Am now considering v seriously subscribing to MH. What timedoes he give the bets? Call backs? Ease of getting prices ? Any info much appreciated either on here or on jeanius123@aol.com cheers jeanius

DIRKDIGGLER said...

hi jeanius ,
i was tempted to delete the blog and continue as i did very successfully pre blog early jan 2007 BUT to my way of thinking that may be what someone wanted and giving up at the first sign of a problem is not my style , i dont really want to go over the rights n wrongs , but as i think most people can comprehend this is my online diary of MY punting life and NOT a proofing service , i will email you privately on the subject of MH but suffice it to say its a service i cant recommend highly enough , further info will follow , regards DD.

Anonymous said...

Odd bet given on wednesday...tells everyone its very strong and the race is won by the stables other runner which is heavily backed in the last 5 mins before the off!

Anonymous said...

I agree - there was something VERY VERY strange about that Channon bet. My cousin works in that yard, and he was ADAMANT that the KB selection WOULD NOT win, so I don't know what it was all about. He had almost a month's wages on the winner, so make of that what you will!!! Strange indeed....

DIRKDIGGLER said...

look kb is not in my list of top 10 mates at present but lets put this into perspective , although he thinks otherwise he and his contacts will not get it right all the time and this was a case in point , but lets be fair to the bloke , think back to saturday and the scottish grand national the successful stable pre race stated the fav was expected to beat the eventual winner , regards DD.