Monday, November 19, 2007

that was the worst weather ...........

i have ever experienced on a racecourse , at least i could find some shelter i did pity the tatts bookies at least these days the clerks dont have to write the bets in the ledger books , yesterday reminded me of my on course working days , i was my dads clerk or floorman , one day at the open wet n windy newmarket rowley course i was clerking, by the third race due to the biting cold wind i had lost all feeling in my red raw hands and then due to the rain the clerking book became wet and the pencil or pen would just tear the paper , i was only a kid and close to tears i dont mind admitting , getting into the car that day was heaven !
after the successes and celebrations of saturday , today was understandably taking into account the weather a quiet day , i spent most of it in the shopping tented village getting the mrs a little pressie to keep her sweet and the centaur as my my left foot was wet n cold as i soon found out my shoe had a leak .............

sunday

spirit calling £150 ew @ 6/1 3rd +£75

No comments: