Wednesday, November 07, 2007

frank on the diy trail ...................

let me explain , tuesday & wednesday was devoid of any action from my services , yes i could have tried to grind out a small profit arbing but i have so much difficulty getting on via the net it just is not worth the hassle , so my thinking is that if my 3 services that i pay decent money for are not playing that is good enough reason for me to take some time out , im a diy disaster hold my hands up that n cars are nightmare areas with a large catalogue of bodge ups , cock ups call em what you like and im widely known by frds and family as "frank" after the tv character played by michael crawford in the 1970's comedy sitcom some mothers do av em frank spencer !!!
surely though i cant go wrong with a spot of painting , filling in and general maintainance ..............

2 comments:

matamata said...

Excellent blog, keep up good work.
Wondered if possible to show profits/loss from each tipster you use. I see you did it early in year but wondered how they fare against each other after more time.
Very impressed with your discipline all the best,sure you inspire people to give it ago. Cheers

DIRKDIGGLER said...

hi matamata , pleased you like the blog . you are correct i used to show a cumulative p/l fig for each service , sounds better than tipster ! that to me gives an impression of some character from the graham greene's novel brighton rock ! i discontinued this because it didnt give a fair impression to each service as holidays , unavoidable days off and in the case of isiris only backing the main account distorted the figs , yes i keep personal individual figs , you could always go through day by day and make a note of the p/l !!!!
discipline a key weapon in the punters armoury , if you havnt got it as a punter you are a million to make the game pay , im fortunate that i had agood upbringing via my father who instilled the basics of punting and bookmaking at an early age , im not perfect in the past on days like todays i would have studied the post till i found a couple of bets but this blog has added an extra layer of discipline to my betting that tells me on days like tuesday & wednesday to walk away and electrocute myself or kick over a paint pot during a day dedicated to diy ...........
all the best , be lucky DD.