Thursday, February 15, 2007

a enjoyable & successful valentines night ............

was spent at romford dogs , was a few quid up going to the last and plumped for mercury diamond who prevailed by a head in the lucky last , so after the scampi & chicken in a basket a few drinks i was just over £200 up , shall i include that in my personal trading p/l ........... but would i declare a £200 loss ? nah then it would be under the heading entertainmet !!! if you want the p/l figs fast fwd they are below but got a few things to say relating another blog (thebetfairtrader@blogspot.com) that made interesting reading , lets take the betfairtrader and the question of going f/t on betfair , the first point of interest is the societys perception of gamblers , its ok to work up in the city playing the markets with financial insitutions money but not to set up in your home and do something similar , what i do now is the same as what i did in he city but now im using my money , i was gambling on dollars , euros , yen , sterling then and im now gambling on horses , i admit some cant adapt to a major difference which is , at least in the city you get every month and also the stress of playing and earning a income with your own money , when i first met my fiancee her friends treated me as some leper to be avoided at any cost she was told to dump me asap ,as soon as they asked what i did for a living there faces and whole persona would change they expected me to take her on a slippery slope of debt , hassle , lies , deceit etc etc ok ive introduced her to three of those !!!! (only kidding) im lucky miss d supports me and im totally open she knew january was a awful month but she accepts that part n parcel of what i do . as for me i really dont give a monkeys how other people perceive me if they are not prepared to listen to my side , does it bother me that so n so wont speak to me cos i gamble well .............. whatever , i still manage to have 2/3 holidays a year not bad for a "problem gambler" and enjoy ordering too much shingle !!
the one huge downside to going f/t for me was the lack of office banter and camaraderie , i really miss it , my world can be very insular during the day ,whilst working to some extent i like it as im concentrating on arbing opportunities but there are days when i dont speak to anyone between 8.30am - 6.00 bar my newsagent when getting the post , when miss d arrives home , i really look fwd to her coming home , there are no office night outs or christmas parties , but then thinking about my nights out in the city its just aswell i dont have those anymore !!!
i do have post it notes scattered around my desk saying "discipline" as i feel this is one attribute a f/t player must have , 97/100 i have it ,imlucky with my fathers bookmaking background and he taught me well but once in a while i lose it , usually on a boring dull day , indeed there are many of those "boring dull days" in the life of a f/t player and i personally believe its important to have outside interests totally removed from gambling my main "get out" is gardening , not every ones cup of tea but it works for me relaxing & destressing , outdoors and with a end product , but i love reading , walking , going to the gym and watching sport (even without a bet on it!) . anyway less of my ramblings a interesting subject and well worth a read as was the column by steve palmer in todays post (page96).

ISIRIS

insiders 2.00 muss B £50 @ 11/2 2nd -£50
2.00 muss C £50 @ 4/1 unpld -£50

insiders -£1983.63
overall -£1084.98

MARK HOLDER

2.45 chep art historian £150 ew @ 8/1 £50 ew @ 15/2 unpld -£400

cum p/l +£1986.32

OPTIMUM RACING

3.10 kelso ransboro £200 ew @ 6/1 unpld -£400

premium bet 3.50 chep nozic £100 @ 9/2 WON +£450

main account -£5283.91
premium +£250
overall -£5033.91

PERSONAL TRADING

have changed tact over the last couple of days and so far it hasn,t paid any dividends .............. quite the reverse in fact ! i know a man who knows a cat who knows a giraffe ............... you get the drift , well the upshot is that my man knows someone connected to the nicky richards yard , hence the bet on middleton dene yesterday , well today my man is shouting from the roof tops about westgrove berry and ransboro , berry ran well below form and sadly ransboro who was held up and travelling nicely tragically snapped a rear leg in a awful accident . my man if on the roof tops tomorrow forget the shouting just jump !!!! £100ew @ 9/2 & 6/1 was invested on the pair causing a £400 deficit on the day

cum p/l +£1615.76

THE30KCHALLENGE ...................... -£2516.81

No comments: